THESE CAN ONLY BE DONE AT THE LOCATIONS LISTED BELOW
OTHER DMV OFFICES WILL NOT PROVIDE THE EXAM
The School Bus and Traffic Safety Section of the DMV has provided the following dates and locations to perform eye exams for the restricted instruction permit. The dates and location are listed below.
No Appointment is necessary
Do not call DMV to schedule appointments for eye exams
Only students over the age of 14 1/2 and under 18 may obtain an eye exam
Bring the filled out RIP form with you – it is the only information you need
Be sure to note the school the student attended on the form
Please make sure that a phone number is on the RIP form so we can contact the student/parent.
Anyone may accompany the student to eye exam
Do not submit form until student is enrolled in a class
Franklin DMV(Eye exams will be done at the BACK of the building)-16 S. Patton Ave.
- August 2, 2021 9:00am-1:00pm
- September 13, 2021 9:00am-1:00pm
- October 4, 2021 9:00am-1:00pm
- November 1, 2021 9:00am-1:00pm
Tunnel Rd DMV Office-600 Tunnel Rd. Asheville 28805
- August 2, 2021 1:00pm-4:00pm
- August 9, 2021 1:00pm-4:00pm
- August 16, 2021 1:00pm-4:00pm
- August 23, 2021 1:00pm-4:00pm